Ashton, R. and S. Hurter, eds. Studies in Greek Numismatics in Memory of Martin Jessop Price. (London, 1998).
This large volume comprises forty-two essays written in honour of the late Martin Jessop Price, a leading authority on Greek coinage, and an active member of the Royal Numismatic Society and the British Academy's Sylloge Nummorum Graecorum project. The essays cover a broad range of subjects and issues including coins from Phrygia, Pergamon, Samos, Athens, Syracuse, Lydia, Cyprus, the Black Sea and Poseidonia-Paestum, addressing questions of history, iconography, subject matter, links to political and social change and economic values. Contributors include: John Barron, Andrew Burnett, Nicholas Hardwick, Ann Johnston, Georges Le Rider, John Morcom, N K Rutter, Jeffrey Spier and Ute Wartenberg. Includes a bibliography of Martin Jessop Price. Essays in English and French. 400p, 79 b/w pls (Spink & Son 1998).
Essays include the following:
- Arnold-Biucchi, C. "The Pergamene Mint under Lysimachos"
- Bérend, D. "De l’or d'Agothocle"
- Boehringer, C. "Die Münzgeschichte von Leontini in klassischer Zeit"
- Cahn, H. "Ionische Damen"
- de Callata˙, F. "Les monnaies hellénistiques en argent de Tenedos"
- Demetriadi, V. "Dion in Macedonia: a Bronze Coinage of the Classical Period"
- Hardwick, N. "The Coinage of Terone from the Fifth to the Fourth Centuries BC"
- Hersh, C. "Additions and Corrections to Martin J. Price’s 'The Coinage in the name of Alexander the Great and Philip Arrhidaeus'"
- Kagan, J. "Epidamnus or Ephyre (Elea)"
- Kinns, P. "Milesian Silver Coinage in the Second Century BC"
- Kroll, J. H. "Silver in Solon’s Laws"
- Kyrou, A.K. and D.N. Artemis. "The Silver Coinage of Kythnos in the Early Fifth Century BC"
- Spier, J. "Notes on Early Electrum Coinage and a Die-Linked Issue from Lydia"
- Warren, J. "Updating (and downdating) the Autonomous Bronze Coinage of Sikyon"