Join us the first Wednesday of each month at 7 PM at the Old Train Depot, Broad Street, Beaufort NC, near the Police Station.
Our members collect U.S. and foreign coins, currency, medals & tokens and other numismatic materials.
The Carteret Numismatic Society (CNS), formed in 1998, is devoted to the promotion of the historical and scientific knowledge associated with coins, currency, medals and other items utilized as media of exchange.
Come join us at our monthly meetings on the first Wednesday of each month at 7 PM at the Old Train Depot, Broad Street, Beaufort NC, near the Police Station.
In addition to having a good time...we host fascinating numismatic presentations by our members or guest speakers, share numismatic events and educational programs, swap and trade information and materials, hold door prize and raffle drawings, conduct CNS business, and take a social break. After the meeting adjourns we hold an auction for members to buy or sell numismatic items. Meetings are open to the public. See the map below for directions to the Old Train Depot.
Other Society Activities Include:
- Identifying and evaluating numismatic items for the public.
- Hosting coin shows in Carteret County one or more times per year. Shows include a dealer bourse to buy and sell coins and other numismatic items, competitive and non-competitive exhibit displays, distribution of free informational material, and educational presentations.
- Creating numismatic displays, which are placed in schools, libraries and financial institutions, and at festivals and coin shows.
- Advising libraries and schools regarding acquisition of numismatic references and donating numismatic reference material to libraries and public schools in Carteret County.
- Maintaining a library of numismatic references.
- Assisting Boy Scouts working on the numismatics merit badge.
- Presenting talks and lectures on numismatic topics and specialties to other numismatic organizations, schools, libraries, churches and other organizations.
- CNS social events - always informal and fun.
North Carolina Numismatic Association
Blue Ridge Numismatic Association
American Numismatic Association
Walk-ins welcome to our meetings held the first Wednesday of each month at 7 PM at the Old Train Depot, Broad Street, Beaufort NC, near the Police Station.
For Further information please call (252) 728-2727.
Our Mailing Address is: PO Box 1775, Morehead City, NC 28557
Or you can email us at: email@example.com
Our 2014 show will be held on September 27th and 28th at the Crystal Coast Civic Center in Morehead City, NC. Participating dealers have a wide selection of Numismatic items from Currency to Ancient Coins, including; Medals, Tokens, U.S. and World Coins, and many others in the realm of Exunomia. There are also supplies and publications available. There are free publications available in the lobby to the show and entry is a $1.00 for a raffle ticket to win a free gold coin. See the map below for directions to the Crystal Coast Civic Center.
Friday 26 Sept.
- Dealers only (set up) 4 to 9 pm
Saturday 27 Sept.
- Dealers 8 am to 6:30 pm
- Public 10 am to 6 pm
Sunday 28 Sept.
- Dealers 8 am to 5 pm
- Public 10 am to 4 pm
Security is provided by The Morehead City Police Department and will be continuous from 4 pm Friday through 5 pm Sunday.
Dealers please click the link for our bourse contract.
Content copyright 2011. Carteret County Numismatic Society. All rights reserved.
Carteret County Numismatic Society is the local coin club for the following North Carolina cities:
Pine Knoll Shores