Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: TET II hybrid COMES AVG reverse?  (Read 437 times)

Carpe Diem

TET II hybrid COMES AVG reverse?
« on: January 16, 2015, 01:57:50 am »
An interesting antoninianus has popped up, seems to be TET II, with hybrid TET I reverse of COMES AVG. I've not been able to match this coin anywhere in RIC or SEAR. Any ideas?

Richard

Offline manpace

• Caesar
Re: TET II hybrid COMES AVG reverse?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2015, 02:06:15 am »
I see some listed as RIC 224.

http://www.acsearch.info/search.html?term=tetricvs+caes+comes&category=1-2&en=1&de=1&fr=1&it=1&es=1&ot=1&images=1&currency=usd&order=4&company=

Carpe Diem

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2015, 02:14:05 am »
Thanks for the spot! I had searched on wildwinds.com and couldn't find the reverse on the Tetricus II page, I'll see about getting them added.

Richard

Offline Adrianus

• Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2015, 10:30:03 am »
Hi there,

337 of these in the Normanby hoard - listed as a hybrid but clearly not a very rare hybrid  :(

Regards,

Adrianus

All coins are guaranteed for eternity