Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: HEINRICH III denar or pfennig  (Read 1188 times)

Offline Vladislav D

• Caesar
HEINRICH III denar or pfennig
« on: October 06, 2014, 09:49:18 pm »
I don't know why I bought this coin without any research , probably nice picture  ;D . Now , after I did some homework , I realize that this is a rare denar or pfennig of king of the Germany and Holy Roman Emperor HEINRICH III (1039-1056) , Half-length portrait of Mary with hands raised , in front of her the head of the Christ Child. // Church, in CH / ON  , Dannenberg 838 . I found the book "Die Deutschen Münzen Der Sächsischen Und Fränkischen Kaiserzeit " by Hermann Dannenberg , but with the plates only , no description .  Does anyone have more info about this coin ?
Regards ,
Vlad .

Offline WelfIV

• Consul
Re: HEINRICH III denar or pfennig
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2014, 03:39:24 pm »
Hello Vlad,

I think your determination is correct.
This is a denar (or pfennig as both words mean the same) from the royal mint at the city of Speyer.

Here you can find two other specimens including photos and realized prices in the acsearch database:
http://www.acsearch.info/search.html?id=532907
http://www.acsearch.info/search.html?id=1217385
I hope the links work.

If you are interested in the description of this coin from Dannenberg's book, I can make a copy.
But it is in German language and it's a rather old book, so I don't know if the short description is of interest for you.

Regards,
Peter

Offline Vladislav D

• Caesar
Re: HEINRICH III denar or pfennig
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2015, 08:57:26 am »
Thank you for the info Peter +++
Happy New Year !
Regards ,
Vlad.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity