Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Gold/Bronze ring found with 1562 màravedi Spanish coin  (Read 372 times)

JWD

Gold/Bronze ring found with 1562 màravedi Spanish coin
« on: November 16, 2014, 10:35:09 am »
Hi,
This is a long shot but I'm looking for anybody who could give me posibilities on this bronze/gold ring which has two noticeable holes where, perhaps, gemstones once were. The ring was found 1 meters away from a 1562 Spanish maravedi coin in Spain. I believe the ring was a man's and is very old, judging by the condition of the ring. If anybody could give me any other info, that would be great. I think its bronze.
Apologies if I'm not in the right forum but I couldn't find anywhere else...if you know of such a forum for old jewellery.
Regards
Jon

Offline Molinari

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • My defeat, if understood, should be my glory
Re: Gold/Bronze ring found with 1562 màravedi Spanish coin
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2014, 10:47:28 am »
Even if it was just a meter away, you have to take depth into consideration.  I've found gun parts within a foot of an 1817 bronze cent, but they were about 150 years older (the foot was mostly vertical).  

Still, I would first look through a book of early modern Spanish rings.

JWD

Re: Gold/Bronze ring found with 1562 màravedi Spanish coin
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2014, 12:06:13 pm »
Hi,
 Both were the same depth.
Thanks

All coins are guaranteed for eternity