Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Just finished cleaning this lovely Barbarian Imitation.  (Read 1749 times)

Offline Justinian

• Praetorian
Just finished cleaning this lovely Barbarian Imitation.
« on: November 12, 2014, 03:47:20 pm »
I found this along the Danube, and at first thought was a common Constantine VOT/PR.  But as soon as i started to uncover the legend I saw that I had an unofficial strike.  I then slowed down, and took extra care, using the finest needles under the microscope to not damage the patina.  There is some silvering left too.  A good find!   2.4g, 17mm.   I especially love how the face seems far more menacing than Constantine's.  Perhaps being on the receiving end of Roman occupation may have had an influence!  ;)

Offline Jay GT4

• Tribunus Plebis 2021
  • Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Leave the gun, take the Canoli!
Re: Just finished cleaning this lovely Barbarian Imitation.
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2014, 04:16:45 pm »
Wonderful find!

Offline TIF

• Consul
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2014, 05:45:56 pm »
Wow, what a wonderful find and excellent conservation!

Offline Lee S

• Comitia Curiata
  • IMPERATOR
  • Caesar
  • γεια μας !!!
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2014, 01:25:51 am »
Indeed, a super coin and top rate cleaning job!! Well done on both counts! +++ ;D +++

All coins are guaranteed for eternity