Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Please look at the RECENT ADDITIONS and PRICE REDUCTIONS at the top and bottom of the page. All items are guaranteed authentic for eternity! Please call if you have questions 252-646-1958. Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Point your mouse to a coin in RECENT ADDITIONS or PRICE REDUCTIONS on this page to see the the price. All items are guaranteed authentic for eternity! Thanks for supporting Forum with your PURCHASES!

FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  Medieval, Islamic and Crusader Coins (Moderators: AlexB, quadrans)  |  Topic: Un-dated Wladislaus II Denar K-H mint mark 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Un-dated Wladislaus II Denar K-H mint mark  (Read 712 times)
Edward D
Consul

« on: October 27, 2014, 06:22:22 pm »

I was wondering if this is a variation of Huszar 807.  I don't have anything that shows this type of eagle. Thank you.
Stkp
Procurator Caesaris
Caesar

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2014, 08:40:19 pm »

Edward,

The coin is a Huszar 807.  Rethy noted that the size of the eagles on this type vary, and my observations reflect that there is greater variance with respect to both the size and the style of the eagles on those with the style of Madonna on your coin (there are 3 different style Madonnas).  I once wrote an article about these coins with photos of 3 styles of eagle

Stkp 

Edward D
Consul

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2014, 09:11:11 pm »

Thank you,Stkp.
Dee
Legionary

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2017, 06:33:26 am »

I'm sorry for posting in an old topic, but it's related...

Stkp, is there a way I could find your article you're referring to? Is it published? If you feel uncomfortable sharing this information publicly, I will gladly contact you via PM.

Edward D, I've got dozens of these various "hybrid" examples in the hoard I'm researching, it's interesting to see there are more of these than one would expect to find.
Stkp
Procurator Caesaris
Caesar

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2017, 08:30:40 pm »

Dee,

It is never too late to open an old post!

I wrote a series of five articles on undated Madonna denars that were published in the Celator almost 10 years ago.  To the best of my knowledge they are not available on line.  I have copies as PDFs.  Send me your email address in a PM and I'll send them to you, as well as a more recent article that I have on this coinage.  I was a lot newer to the hobby when I wrote them, and I would write them differently now.

My own collection of undated Wladislaus are in my personal gallery at http://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=2233.

I am very interested in the hoard you are working on.

Stkp

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  Medieval, Islamic and Crusader Coins (Moderators: AlexB, quadrans)  |  Topic: Un-dated Wladislaus II Denar K-H mint mark « previous next »
Jump to:  

Recent Price Reductions in Forum's Shop