Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Munthandel G. Henzen  (Read 1260 times)

Offline gordian_guy

• Caesar
Munthandel G. Henzen
« on: October 24, 2014, 08:27:14 pm »

Does anyone have access to or possess Munthandel G. Henzen sales list from August 1999??

Thank you

c.rhodes

Offline Andrew McCabe

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • My website on Roman Republican Coins and Books, with 2000 coins arranged per Crawford
Re: Munthandel G. Henzen
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2014, 04:00:59 am »
Does anyone have access to or possess Munthandel G. Henzen sales list from August 1999??
Thank you
c.rhodes

In the event you draw a blank, Fitzwilliam library Cambridge, attention Professor Ted Buttrey, will undoubtedly have it. They are very helpful in assisting with checking a reference or one or two photocopied pages if you are looking for a specific coin.

Offline gordian_guy

• Caesar
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2014, 08:56:06 am »

Outstanding, thank you Andrew. It is in fact specific coin from the list.

Thank you
c.rhodes

Offline Andrew McCabe

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • My website on Roman Republican Coins and Books, with 2000 coins arranged per Crawford
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2014, 10:27:21 am »

Outstanding, thank you Andrew. It is in fact specific coin from the list.

Thank you
c.rhodes

Just be aware that Ted Buttrey at the Fitzwilliam has no resources other than himself, neither staff nor money. He's usually very happy to answer these single references requests but in the case of repeated or extensive requests, he might suggest you visit in person or a donation to support catalogue purchasing, stationery etc may be appreciated. This is the same Ted Buttrey who excavated Morgantina in the 1950s so he is not as fast on his feet as he used to be.

All the Fitzwilliam's catalogue and fixed price lists are listed in a pdf directory on the Fitzwilliam website, so that should be the first place to look with a related query.

They have the largest collection in the world. The coverage is near 100% on auction catalogues, rather less on fixed price lists.

Offline benito

• Deceased Member
  • Caesar
  • quousque tandem abutere Sadigh pecunia nostra
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2014, 02:14:12 pm »
Some years ago,may be not now they even had a Sadigh catalogue.

Offline gordian_guy

• Caesar
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2014, 04:18:09 pm »

Just be aware that Ted Buttrey at the Fitzwilliam has no resources other than himself, neither staff nor money. He's usually very happy to answer these single references requests but in the case of repeated or extensive requests, he might suggest you visit in person or a donation to support catalogue purchasing, stationery etc may be appreciated. This is the same Ted Buttrey who excavated Morgantina in the 1950s so he is not as fast on his feet as he used to be.

All the Fitzwilliam's catalogue and fixed price lists are listed in a pdf directory on the Fitzwilliam website, so that should be the first place to look with a related query.

They have the largest collection in the world. The coverage is near 100% on auction catalogues, rather less on fixed price lists.

I have actually received assistance from Ted Buttrey in the past and have even offered, as you suggest, to make a donation to support the museum's efforts. I always have a hard time imposing upon others, but I do need references on occasion that I am unable to obtain via other avenues so I post here and hope for the generosity of the Forum's members, to which I am always happy to return the favor.

Many of the postings here, and in other areas of Forum have let to significant additions to my personal library, that I may help others in the future. I have been to the Fitzwilliam site, they do have the list that I need, and I will send Mr. Buttrey a request - along with an offer to donate.

Thank you so much Andrew.

c.rhodes

All coins are guaranteed for eternity