Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Persian King / Falcon Half Gerah  (Read 1118 times)

Offline Nemonater

• Caesar
Persian King / Falcon Half Gerah
« on: October 24, 2014, 05:39:29 pm »
I recently added this Persian King/Falcon Half Gerah to my gallery.

https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-113537

I was wondering if any of this script can be made out?

Thanks for any help!

Nemo

Offline cmcdon0923

• Caesar
Re: Persian King / Falcon Half Gerah
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2014, 06:29:18 pm »
There should and appear to be traces of the legend off to the side of the falcon's left wing......but from the picture they don't appear to be completely readable. 

Here's a quick image I grabbed from a dealer's website on another online sales portal....

Offline Nemonater

• Caesar
Re: Persian King / Falcon Half Gerah
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2014, 06:55:04 pm »
.....from the picture they don't appear to be completely readable. 

That's a nice example for comparison. I'm afraid your right, there isn't much on my coin to read. Sometimes the script is retrograde as well.  I really would like to get an example with a clear full legend one day.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity