Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Greek Bronze, Artemis(?Athene?) front facing, holding bow. stag on reverse  (Read 472 times)

Offline Banjaxed

• Praetorian
Have spent a while on this one, no joy so far.

As near as I can make out, front facing figure possibly Artemis holding a bow and quiver on one side, and a right facing stag on other side.

Any thoughts?

Offline Lee S

• Comitia Curiata
  • Conservator
  • Caesar
  • γεια μας !!!
size? weight?

Offline Banjaxed

• Praetorian
I'm sorry but I can't help with the weight. It's about 17 mm in diameter. The marks on the ruler you can see on the edge of the photo there are millimetres.

Offline Pekka K

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • ...one coin at a time...
Like this:

LYDIA, Hierocaesaraea. Pseudo-autonomous issue. 1st-2nd centuries AD. Æ 18mm (4.78 g, 12h). Artemis standing left, holding bow; beside her, stag standing right, head reverted; all within laurel-wreath / Stag standing right. SNG Copenhagen 173.

Pekka K

Offline Banjaxed

• Praetorian
Definitely along those lines Pekka. I didn't see a wreath, but when I've blown up the photo and looked again I think I see the remnants. I can see the stag she has there with her. Thanks again.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity