Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Help please with this first Roman Judean but maybe Greece coin  (Read 456 times)

ikko

Help please with this first Roman Judean but maybe Greece coin
« on: September 22, 2014, 06:56:59 am »
This coin I bought for my collection to give to my children. It's a collection of my findings but I also wanted to add in some historical coins.
So I thought I got me a Roman Judean Coin Agripa II Copinius under Herodes Archeleus, AD 6-9
But some couldn't regognize it as Roman Judean and thought it maybe a Greece coin (because of the thickness of it).
I can't find an equal or somewhat equal looking one here or elsewhere on the internet.
I have no idea (I am not an expert at all... :() ???

Information on the coin:
Material: bronze
Diameter coin: ca. 13,2 mm.
Thickness: about 3,0 - 3,2 mm.
Weight: 2,820 gr.

Thank you for any help!

ikko

Offline Howard Cole

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Elymais forever!
Re: Help please with this first Roman Judean but maybe Greece coin
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2014, 08:05:23 pm »
I am not sure but I think this may be from the Indian subcontinent, based on the shape of the coin.

ikko

Re: Help please with this first Roman Judean but maybe Greece coin
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2014, 02:23:54 pm »
Thank you Howard for responding! +++
I totally didn't expect the coin from that region of India. I hope I can find a match!!
Next monday I will talk about it and will hopefully exchange it with a coin that will meet my goal.
ikko

All coins are guaranteed for eternity