Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Marc Antonius Imitation Legion denarius?  (Read 1017 times)

Vadim Ancient

Marc Antonius Imitation Legion denarius?
« on: September 03, 2014, 05:55:27 am »
Weight 2.28

Vadim Ancient

Re: Marc Antonius Imitation Legion denarius?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2014, 05:04:10 pm »
If you know the information about this coin, please let me know. Thanks.

Offline traveler

• Consul
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2014, 08:20:23 pm »
I'm pretty sure I saw this coin, or a coin very similar to it on Ebay some time ago.

Vadim Ancient

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2014, 07:13:51 pm »
Thank you.

Vadim Ancient

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2014, 10:19:52 am »
Hello, I found this coin without legion also but this style same as for  all legion denarius.

Marcus Antonius
Denarius, mint moving with M. Antony 32-31, AR 3.24 g. ANT AVG – III·VIR·R·P·C Galley r., with sceptre tied with fillet on prow. Rev. LEG Aquila between two standards. Babelon Antonia –. C –. Sydenham –. Sear Imperators –. Crawford –. An apparently unique and unrecorded type. Toned and extremely fine Ex Owl Numismatics 5, 1985, 163. This coin was evidently struck from a die which had been prepared, but lacked a legion number. The field where the legion number should be is entirely normal, and shows no signs of alteration. Thus, this coin supports the theory that dies were prepared in advance, and the legion numbers were engraved as needed (RBW).

All coins are guaranteed for eternity