Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: 1960 - 9 filled in  (Read 304 times)

faux.buster

1960 - 9 filled in
« on: August 31, 2014, 11:14:21 pm »
Hello everyone,

I am fairly new to the coin collecting scene.  I collected them when I was younger, but have gotten into the hobby again.

I have come across a penny that has the 9 in 1960 filled in.  I have attached a copy.

Is this a common mistake, or something that I should just toss to the side as a non-issue?

Thank you for your help.

Faux

Offline Enodia

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
Re: 1960 - 9 filled in
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2014, 11:52:02 pm »
your file is WAY too big for my old computer to open, but it sounds like a clogged die and not really an issue.

however, this is not really the place to ask because this forum is for ancient coins... Greek, Roman, etc. you would probably have better luck at a forum which deals specifically with U.S coins and mint errors.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity