Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Silver tetradrachm of Athens  (Read 654 times)

Delmaticus

Silver tetradrachm of Athens
« on: July 22, 2014, 07:57:56 am »
I would like to ask forum members which are dealing with coinage of Athens, to evaluate this silver tetradrachm of Athens, which is quite used and damaged. Please specify references and chronological data…
Thank you very much in advance for your efforts

Offline mihali84

• Caesar
    • My gallery
Re: Silver tetradrachm of Athens
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2014, 09:05:19 pm »
ATTICA, Athens. After 449 BC. AR Tetradrachm Obv: Helmeted head of Athena right. Rev: AQE, owl standing right within incuse square; olive branch and crescent above. SNG Copenhagen 31. 
A man's character is his fate- Heraclitus
My gallery: https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/index.php?cat=23798

All coins are guaranteed for eternity