Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Medieval French jeton?  (Read 230 times)

calkinsc

Medieval French jeton?
« on: April 17, 2014, 11:17:01 pm »
This token is 28mm in diameter, and appears to be copper.   The script looks medieval, and based on the fleur-de-lis, seems to be French.  Any thoughts on what exactly it is, and when it was minted?  Also, what would be an appropriate reference to list such things?  I'm not even sure where to look.  Thanks!

Offline Genio popvli romani

• Consul
  • ROMA CAPVT MVNDI REGIT ORBIS FRENA ROTVNDI
    • Constantinian coinage website
Re: Medieval French jeton?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2014, 03:42:40 am »
Jeton  de Nuremberg "à l'écu" AVE MARIA GRACIA. : https://sites.google.com/site/lesjetonsdecomptes/jeton-a-l-ecu
Your jeton is in very good condition.  +++

calkinsc

Re: Medieval French jeton?
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2014, 07:38:39 am »
Thank you!  Now that I know what it is, I see that is how the legend reads.  Much appreciated!

All coins are guaranteed for eternity