Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Unidentified tyche  (Read 313 times)

Zeeuwsepiep

Unidentified tyche
« on: April 13, 2014, 09:37:22 am »
The reverse is in particular bad shape. The front image looks like Tyche to me. Any suggetions will be very much appreciated!

Offline Lee S

• Comitia Curiata
  • Conservator
  • Caesar
  • γεια μας !!!
Re: Unidentified tyche
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2014, 12:12:20 pm »
I would not say Tyche personally... more like a nymph or even Apollo... Perhaps better scans/photos would help with the rev ( lit from a different angle, just turn the coin upside down, then rotate the photo in your image processing program.. ) ... and as mentioned several times daily on this board, size, and weight (if available) are a must..

Best wishes,

Lee.

Offline shanxi

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • My gallery
Re: Unidentified tyche
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2014, 12:49:39 pm »
The headdress might be a stephane. In this case it´s often a goddess like Hera or Aphrodite.

There are not so may busts left with stephane. Here is one:

http://www.acsearch.info/record.html?id=225806

If the reverse fits too ?? I dont´t now.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity