Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: IOVI CONSERVATORI Constantine I?  (Read 176 times)

gwestcot

IOVI CONSERVATORI Constantine I?
« on: April 11, 2014, 02:55:23 pm »
The coin is 21 mm in diameter and weighs 3.05 grams. The obverse legend clearly reads IMP CONSTANTINVS PF AVG but the bust has very little detail. The reverse legend looks like it reads IOVI CONSERVATORI with A*P in the exergue. The reverse looks like Jupiter holding victory. I am completely unfamiliar with this mint mark so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Victor C

• Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • all my best friends are dead Romans
    • Constantine the Great
Re: IOVI CONSERVATORI Constantine I?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2014, 03:06:20 pm »
It's R star P
Victor Clark

LRB gallery

gwestcot

Re: IOVI CONSERVATORI Constantine I?
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2014, 03:34:35 pm »
I suppose I assumed it was IOVI CONSERVATORI but it looks a lot more like  SOLI INVICTO COMITI when I look at the scan. It actually looks worse in hand than in the scan???  Kind of weird since it is usually the other way around. Thanks for the help on the mint:)

All coins are guaranteed for eternity