Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Fakhr al-Din Qara Arslan Dirhem  (Read 1312 times)

Offline Vladislav D

• Caesar
Fakhr al-Din Qara Arslan Dirhem
« on: March 31, 2014, 10:24:18 pm »
Islamic coins not in my collecting area, but I could not stop myself not to buy this unusual, rare coin with a good provenance . And surprisingly, I got the coin  quite cheap compared to other examples that I found on the Internet .  It will be very interesting to know the translation of the legend on the reverse.

Fakhr al-Din Qara Arslan. AH 543-570 / AD 1148-1174. Æ Dirhem
 24.8mm, 7.31 g
 Album 1820.1
Ex UBS 62 ; Ex Walter Ruf ; Ex  J. P. Righetti Collection ; Ex CNG .

Best regards ,
Vlad .

iaculator

Re: Fakhr al-Din Qara Arslan Dirhem
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2014, 03:28:57 pm »
Dhuribe hadha al dirham fi ayyam fakhr al din qara arslan bin davud bin sokmen bin artuq

iaculator

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2014, 03:40:22 pm »
Minted in the days of fakhr al din.......artuq

Offline Vladislav D

• Caesar
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2014, 03:53:46 pm »
Thank you !

All coins are guaranteed for eternity