Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: SAD NEWS Rudi Smits passed away 21.3.2014  (Read 4898 times)

Offline HELEN S

• Caesar
SAD NEWS Rudi Smits passed away 21.3.2014
« on: March 27, 2014, 10:17:49 am »
 It is with deep regret that I am writing to tell you that Rudi Smits has passed away on the 21.3.2014 and as many of you will agree it is a great shock to lose another wonderful person with such a huge amount of knowledge. R.I.P. Rudi Smits please join me in wishing his family strength on his untimely passing.

Offline John Anthony

• Consul
Re: SAD NEWS Rudi Smits passed away 21.3.2014
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 01:09:39 pm »
Yes, I was aware of this from another forum. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family. I'm going to miss Rudi pulling aurei out of his pocket. Rest in peace, friend.

Offline Andrew McCabe

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • My website on Roman Republican Coins and Books, with 2000 coins arranged per Crawford
Re: Rudi Smits passed away 21 March 2014
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 04:27:00 pm »
I am sorry to say we have lost another Discussion Board member.  Rudi Smits (username R. Smits) passed away 21 March 2014.

Wow that's a shock - I was corresponding with him about aes rude and early cast bars only the prior week; he was working with the University of Brussels to help catalogue a massive hoard of aes formatum and was asking my views on some interesting pieces. He sounded full of life.

I must start eating my spinach.

Offline HELEN S

• Caesar
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2014, 04:53:24 pm »

An extremely sad time for his family veel sterkte.....  RIP Rudi gone but not forgotten

Offline Jay GT4

• Tribunus Plebis 2021
  • Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Leave the gun, take the Canoli!
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2014, 03:56:08 pm »
Sorry to hear of this. My condolences to the family. 

All coins are guaranteed for eternity