Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Calgary Numismatic Society Coin Show  (Read 5597 times)

Offline willruehr

• Legionary
Calgary Numismatic Society Coin Show
« on: March 04, 2014, 12:40:52 pm »
Hello all,

I am still very new here so not sure were anyone hails from. Will anyone be attending this show on March 8 & 9 in Calgary or has in the past?

This will be my first coin show. Hoping to get my first few coins and books there.

Thanks,

Will

Offline ickster

• Caesar
Re: Calgary Numismatic Society Coin Show
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 12:56:11 pm »
I'm to the left of you in BC, where there are no such things as coin shows   :(

Let us know how it is. If it's good with a solid selection of ancients, then I may put it on my vacation list for next year.

Offline rmrxiv

• Legionary
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2014, 11:24:16 pm »
If you attend, Robert at Calgary Coin is must stop for ancients. He has been buying so is currently well stocked and reasonably priced.

Offline Minthrion

• Auxiliary
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2014, 02:04:59 pm »
Hi Will,
            I'm stuck here in BC and wish I could make the show. As ickster mentioned we don't get much of anything here.

I did make a spring coin show in Vancouver about three years ago and Robert of Calgary coin was the only dealer that was selling any ancients. He sure saved the show for me.

He had lots of great coins, ranging from $20 to $5000. There should be at least a few that you'll want to take home with you, whatever your budget. I found him to be a great guy to chat with, and he was happy do put a deal together as I wanted to purchase a few coins. Another thing is that many of his coins aren't listed online, so you get a bit of a private sale atmosphere.

Have fun and I hope that Robert makes his way back to Vancouver again. 

Ben

Offline willruehr

• Legionary
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2014, 10:07:31 pm »
If you attend, Robert at Calgary Coin is must stop for ancients. He has been buying so is currently well stocked and reasonably priced.

Yes, he had some amazing things! He was really the only person with ancients at the show. Two other dealers did, but nothing in the amount Robert had. Really nice guy also. I had been emailing him the week leading up to the show. He was nice enough to order me books since I am just getting into the hobby. Looking forward to this Tuesday when I get to go to his shop.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity