Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Swedish / Scandinavian coin shows?  (Read 7177 times)

Offline Lee S

• Comitia Curiata
  • Conservator
  • Caesar
  • γεια μας !!!
Swedish / Scandinavian coin shows?
« on: January 29, 2014, 07:18:34 am »
Hi Guys,
  I know we have quite a few Scandinavian members, so I was wondering if anyone knows of any Scandinavian coin shows?
   I have been keeping my eyes open for some time but have not yet discovered any....

Best wishes,

Lee.

Offline Paddy

• Consul
  • Marcus Ulpius Traianus Maior
Re: Swedish / Scandinavian coin shows?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2014, 11:07:47 am »
Yes, I do, Lee. There is a coin show every May in Helsingborg, Sweden. It's called "Frimynt". I would send you a link but as these seem to die after a while, it's perhaps better if you send me a PM and I'll give you all the info there.

Edit: it's on the 26:th of April and I think it's one of the biggest, if not the biggest, coinshows in Sweden. Don't expect too much, though, it's not HUGE.

Offline Lee S

• Comitia Curiata
  • Conservator
  • Caesar
  • γεια μας !!!
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2014, 07:07:38 am »
Thanks Paddy!

I have friends In Helsingborg so I think they may be getting a visit in a couple of months!

Are there any other Forvm members that are thinking about attending?

Offline Pekka K

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • ...one coin at a time...
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2014, 07:26:43 am »

We have "day of old coins" Saturday 15th of March in Helsinki,
and more activity in May 23rd - 24th.

See: http://snynumis.squarespace.com/uutisia/

Pekka K

Offline Paddy

• Consul
  • Marcus Ulpius Traianus Maior
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2014, 05:29:24 pm »
Thanks Paddy!

I have friends In Helsingborg so I think they may be getting a visit in a couple of months!

Are there any other Forvm members that are thinking about attending?

I will be there, definitely. I was there last year, but I didn't know what the heck I was doing. This year I think I know enough to make it a more fruitful experience. Last year there were about seven or eight dealers that had ancient coins on offer, so don't expect too much.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity