Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Austria - Hungary AE13, what Coin type / King / Emperor?  (Read 820 times)

Offline Constantine IV

• Caesar
  • Constantine IV
Austria - Hungary AE13, what Coin type / King / Emperor?
« on: January 14, 2014, 01:11:24 pm »
This came with three other coins, they were AR's, one was a Parvus of Sigismund I, of Hungary, the other a Pfennig of Ferdinand I, of Carinthia, Austria and the other a Dinar of Maximilian II, of Hungary.
Reason I state this is that they may indicate where this coin in question is from, if not its denomination.

The obverse (?) has a Coat of Arms, within a circle and a legend going around that.
The reverse (?) has a Crown with what looks like a small crown the either side of it, all in a circle with a legend going around that.

Weight: 0.47 g, Diameter: 13.8 x 13.2 x 0.2 mm

Thank you.
"He who gives himself airs of importance, exhibits the credentials of impotence". ~ Decimus Laberius, 46 BCE

Offline quadrans

• Tribunus Plebis 2019
  • IMPERATOR
  • Caesar
  • Ad perpetuam rei memoriam. Ars longa, vita brevis.
    • My Gallery Albums
Re: Austria - Hungary AE13, what Coin type / King / Emperor?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2014, 01:57:18 pm »
Ulaszlo I. (Wladislaw-U-I.) King of Hungary (1440-1444 AD)
billon denarius

ref:
Unger:471A/g (B-n over *, mint State:Buda),
Corpus Num. Hungarie 2-146,
Huszar:603

regards

Q.
All the Best :), Joe
My Gallery

Offline Constantine IV

• Caesar
  • Constantine IV
Re: Austria - Hungary AE13, what Coin type / King / Emperor?
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2014, 05:43:03 pm »
Wow! These coins get me reading about the medieval history of Hungary, in the process of attributing them.
Thank you!  +++  :<a href='../numiswiki/view.asp?key=wreath' target='_blank'>wreath</a>2:
"He who gives himself airs of importance, exhibits the credentials of impotence". ~ Decimus Laberius, 46 BCE

All coins are guaranteed for eternity