Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Kufic font  (Read 1683 times)

justinopolitanus

Kufic font
« on: December 06, 2013, 01:59:11 pm »
Last week I bought my first two Islamic coins, so I'd like to have a font for my PC with the Kufic characters. Could anyone tell me where to find it?
Thank you in advance

Offline Molinari

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • My defeat, if understood, should be my glory
Re: Kufic font
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2013, 02:16:58 pm »
Make your own, here:

http://fontstruct.com/

It's an awesome tool.

justinopolitanus

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2013, 03:17:14 pm »
Make your own, here:

http://fontstruct.com/

It's an awesome tool.
Thank you, grazie Molinari!
Tomorrow morning I'll sign up and begin; tonight I'm too tired, having spent a lot of time, and of my eyes, in reading the Dirhams.... :-)

rick2

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2013, 03:54:34 am »
the first coin was struck in Wasit in the year 90 AH

the second shoule be Al Muhammadia in the year 14?  maybe 143 , but i cant tell from the pics
the photo is blurred

the first one is a umayyad dirhem while the second is an abbasid dirhem

justinopolitanus

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2013, 04:51:21 pm »
Than you rick!
The second one's date, as you can see in the filename is 188H and it has the initial letter  ه HA  of Harunه

All coins are guaranteed for eternity