Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Meet up at NYINC?  (Read 2713 times)

Offline Andrew McCabe

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • My website on Roman Republican Coins and Books, with 2000 coins arranged per Crawford
Meet up at NYINC?
« on: December 01, 2013, 10:16:58 am »
Dear Republican nuts visiting New York between end December and 12th January 2013. I will be visiting New York from Europe for that period (with side trips booked to Pennsylvania, Connecticut and New Jersey). That includes the duration of the NYINC show, 6th-12th January, and I will have a bit more time than usual (less rushed because I'm arriving early). I'm happy to meet anyone with a specific interest in RR coins (or an interest in general numismatics and who would like to chat). Please PM me (include your real name please!) if you'd like to meet me and/or fellow RR nuts, and let's see if it's possible.

Andrew

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
  • All Coins Guaranteed for Eternity.
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
Re: Meet up at NYINC?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2013, 01:10:17 pm »
Unfortunately, I am stuck at my table most of the time.  Please stop by and visit.
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

Offline Phil A

• Praetorian
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2013, 04:13:03 am »
I'm new to numismatics and live in NYC so I cant let this opportunity pass. I've gone to Baseball card shows at the Waldorf in the past but this will be my first coin show and I look foward to it.
I've only been collecting since last May so Im probably the least likely to make for table talk on Numismatics. But I'd be more than happy to meet with serious collectors for chat, advice or just a handshake, especially if it's Forvm folk.
Cheers

Phil

Offline areich

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • Ancient Greek and Roman Coins, featuring BMC online and other books
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2013, 04:47:38 am »
Just listen and nod, pretending that you more or less knew already whatever people are telling you. You can go pretty far with this tactic.  :)
Andreas Reich

Offline n.igma

• Caesar
  • Life is bigger than a Tweet.
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2013, 05:43:56 am »
Dear Republican nuts....

What no invitation extended to the Democrat nuts?  :evil:
All historical inquiry is contingent and provisional, and our own prejudices will in due course come under scrutiny by our successors.

Offline Stkp

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2013, 12:47:33 am »
Unfortunately, I am stuck at my table most of the time.  Please stop by and visit.

Joe, I am happy to see that you'll be returning again, and I'll definitely be stopping back to say hello.  Stkp/Steve

All coins are guaranteed for eternity