Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Need advice about cleaning silver coin from Bronze traces  (Read 1151 times)

Offline Nassif

• Caesar
Need advice about cleaning silver coin from Bronze traces
« on: November 13, 2013, 07:00:16 am »
Hi All;
I Need advice about cleaning silver coin from Bronze traces very sticked on it
thanks in advance
Nassif

Offline Lee S

• Comitia Curiata
  • Conservator
  • Caesar
  • γεια μας !!!
Re: Need advice about cleaning silver coin from Bronze traces
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2013, 12:51:04 pm »
Some photos would be helpful here Nassif... , but I have a Parthian Drachm, which was crusted with copper... I used a combination of lemon juice, vinegar, electrolysis, baking soda + aluminium foil, and VERY much picking with a dental pick... it was long and frustrating process... nothing seemed to work very well, but a combination of all the above got rid of 99% of the glued on copper in the end... I have circled the remaining copper on the photo...

That said, I am no way an expert on silver... so perhaps someone has a better method than " everything"  ;D ??? ;D

Best wishes,

Lee.

Offline Nassif

• Caesar
Re: Need advice about cleaning silver coin from Bronze traces
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2013, 12:57:59 am »
Thanks Lee S for your very valuable advice
regards
Nassif

All coins are guaranteed for eternity