Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Little help needed Constantine I, Trier  (Read 248 times)

Offline extravaganza

• Praetorian
Little help needed Constantine I, Trier
« on: November 02, 2013, 07:33:15 am »
Hello There's something i don't understand at this coin. It looks RIC VII 102 but if you see  IMP CONSTANTINVS  P F AVG, there isn't a F between the P and A. I can't find any example of this issue. IMP CONSTANTINVS AVG is another example but in that case there's one letter missing.

Regards

Online Victor C

• Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • all my best friends are dead Romans
    • Constantine the Great
Re: Little help needed Constantine I, Trier
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2013, 09:28:00 am »
Your coin is RIC VII Trier 130
Victor Clark

LRB gallery

Offline Diederik

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • carpe diem, vita brevis est!
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2013, 10:00:25 am »
Victor is correct and the mintmark would have been BTR, a rare coin. The obverse text is complete with only a 'P'  There is only a limited number of issues with the P only, and there is even one which ends in ....P AG. instead of PF AVG
Nice coin!

Frans

Offline extravaganza

• Praetorian
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2013, 11:07:22 am »
Thank you. I agree with both of you. Pretty nice coin :)

All coins are guaranteed for eternity