Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Bronze Tyche with Wreath?  (Read 535 times)

Offline Zaph0dd

• Consul
Bronze Tyche with Wreath?
« on: July 25, 2013, 03:54:37 am »
Hi there,

Trying to find a "match" for this little bronze, 15mm

It looks to be Tyche with the turret hat obverse, and some wreath of a kind reverse.

a old ID ticket tells me its Phoenicia, Berytos - but I dont see anything close to it in my resources.

Offline Arados

• Comitia Curiata
  • IMPERATOR
  • Caesar
Re: Bronze Tyche with Wreath?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2013, 10:27:56 am »
Hi there,

Trying to find a "match" for this little bronze, 15mm

It looks to be Tyche with the turret hat obverse, and some wreath of a kind reverse.

a old ID ticket tells me its Phoenicia, Berytos - but I dont see anything close to it in my resources.

Hi,

Aradian ?

I definitely think your in the right region, but ultimately you will find it very difficult to get a 100% identification without a clearer view of the monogram, era date or inscription.

Take a look at the attached photo below and compare it with yours, i have taken the liberty of pencilling in a few of the visible features on your coin. Look closely at the head region, you might be able to make out the similarities on both coins and the lettering to the left. Although the coin below is obviously silver, it might help you in your search. :-)

http://www.coinproject.com/siteimages/70-01408q00.jpg

Regards
Arados

Offline Zaph0dd

• Consul
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2013, 09:57:54 pm »
Thanks Arados, certainly a help

rayman

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2013, 08:19:57 am »
I think all those Arados coins have laurel wreath, but surely wreath with "smoother" leafs. Yours looks more like an oak-wreath with those zigzag leafs. I've been trying to identify it also, but  as until now no success.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity