Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: My new book: The Silver Sphinx  (Read 810 times)

Offline laney

• Caesar
My new book: The Silver Sphinx
« on: July 27, 2019, 09:37:27 am »
My interest in coins with Greek mythological characters, particularly sphinxes, is evident in my collage postings. It follows that my new book—and first foray into fiction—is a novel called The Silver Sphinx.

It is speculative fiction, heavily based on Greek mythology and involves mythological creatures transmuted to ancient Greek coins.  Under the control of deities, the images on the coins can animate, change size, speak, interact with select humans, and engage in mischief.  

This is an exciting step for me, and should anyone have interest in such, the book is at
www.amazon.com/Silver-Sphinx-Elaine-Whitmore/dp/1950890309/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=the+silver+sphinx&qid=1564233331&s=gateway&sr=8-1.  

The book is categorized as young adult, which in this case just means that it involves a teen-age female protagonist and has no egregious  S, N, V, L.  But it  is suitable for pretty much any age other than early childhood..

Thanks much.

Laney

Offline shanxi

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • My gallery
Re: My new book: The Silver Sphinx
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2019, 10:33:47 am »
I'm curious. I ordered it and Amazon promises delivery to my Kindle on July 29.
My 16-year-old niece can access my Kindle content from her Kindle. I think that's something for her, too.

Offline Molinari

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • My defeat, if understood, should be my glory
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2019, 10:35:09 am »
Congratulations.  I may have to read this with my daughter!

Great idea for a story.

Offline laney

• Caesar
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2019, 11:02:46 am »
Dear shanxi and Molinari,

Thank you for your interest!  For some reason, the publisher released the printed version earlier, but the Kindle isn't available until July 29.  Go figure.  If you have a favorable impression, I'd be very grateful if you gave feedback on Amazon.

Best,
Laney

Offline Jay GT4

• Tribunus Plebis 2021
  • Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Leave the gun, take the Canoli!
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2019, 02:08:36 pm »
Cool idea!

All coins are guaranteed for eternity