Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: A joy to behold  (Read 1311 times)

Offline HELEN S

• Caesar
A joy to behold
« on: June 15, 2013, 05:34:08 pm »

I thought I would put this coin up as I found it extremely beautiful. I can see why people collect coins like this it is amazing.

Cyme, From the Philippopolis Hoard. AR Tetradrachm c. 155-145 BC.
 Head of the Amazon Kyme right /ΚΥΜΑΙΩΝ, free horse standing right, ΟΛΥΜΠΙΟΣ in exergue, laurel wreath border.

Offline rover1.3

• Tribunus Plebis 2012 / Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
Re: A joy to behold
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2013, 05:39:38 pm »
  ... ΟΛΥΜΠΙΟΣ in exergue, laurel wreath border.

The magistrate is ΔΗΜΗΤΡΙΟΣ, not ΟΛΥΜΠΙΟΣ.

Offline HELEN S

• Caesar
Re: A joy to behold
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2013, 06:00:04 pm »
  ... ΟΛΥΜΠΙΟΣ in exergue, laurel wreath border.

The magistrate is ΔΗΜΗΤΡΙΟΣ, not ΟΛΥΜΠΙΟΣ.

Thank you for that Rover that was very observant of you to notice I should have checked it myself it should be one of my rules. Strange how you take things for granted sorry about the wrong information

All coins are guaranteed for eternity