Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: WOW man faced bull  (Read 729 times)

Offline HELEN S

• Caesar
WOW man faced bull
« on: May 25, 2013, 03:56:05 pm »

Molinari WOW I have just been scrolling through the work you have put together on man faced bulls
  I am very impressed you have worked very hard and I hope people get chance to check it out .
  I am putting up a photo of my coin I have scrolled through the NEOPLOIS examples and I am not quite sure what is in the exergue of mine or if you can even see the symbol
  Anyway I would be very happy for you to have a look and maybe comment thank you in advance
  My coin does look good in hand with a nice portrait of Apollo and a lovely Nike I just love these coins
  5.24gms 19mm

Offline Molinari

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • My defeat, if understood, should be my glory
Re: WOW man faced bull
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2013, 04:21:23 pm »
I'm so glad you like the site, Helen!

I'm not at home now so I don't have the time to go through my page, but your MFB appears to have a Sigma or X behind Apollo, so that should narrow it down!

Offline Molinari

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • My defeat, if understood, should be my glory
Re: WOW man faced bull
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 07:14:09 am »
Judging from the photos, I would say this coin is Sambon 687:

Σ-like symbol or simply Σ behind / IΣ below (Sambon 687)

Nick

All coins are guaranteed for eternity