Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: From Where Do You "Forvm"?  (Read 5156 times)

Offline SC

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • A Handbook of Late Roman Bronze Coin Types 324-395.
Re: From Where Do You "Forvm"?
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2015, 03:57:27 am »
Two sites. When I return to my own home in Canada this summer I hope to merge them into one renovated basement room. For now I have separated areas.

The first is for cleaning etc. A basement corner with tools and unsorted stuff.

The second, upstairs, is for research, coin identification, etc.

Shawn

SC
(Shawn Caza, Ottawa)

Offline SC

• Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2015, 04:03:37 am »
OK.  Why did that happen.  The photo is right side up on my ipad.  I can't even flip it over.  It is also right side up when I click on it on the forum page.  It just displays upside down!!!

shawn
SC
(Shawn Caza, Ottawa)

Offline Molinari

• Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • My defeat, if understood, should be my glory
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2015, 07:40:31 am »
Open the photo in paintbrush and resave under a different title.  I bet it is upside down when you first open it in paintbrush.  I don't know why this happens, but I often (not always) have to do this to photos I take with my phone!

Offline SC

• Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2015, 07:55:20 am »
Thanks. I ended up using iPhoto on my lap top. It was upside down. 

Shawn
SC
(Shawn Caza, Ottawa)

Offline Matthew C5

• Consul
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2015, 08:36:44 am »
Well, Taras your laptop looks updated, but I'm sorry to say that the clothes are a bit out-of-style;)  Alex, an olive tree beside that owl in the garden might be an nice touch.

For me it's odd because I don't Forvm in the library area, I don't in the basement with all of my framed coin posters.  I would have a nice spot, actually perfect, except my wife's 86 yr. old grandfather has it occupied with his extensive collection of sewing machine/gear(as he was once a tailor in Poland). 

Offline Molinari

• Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • My defeat, if understood, should be my glory
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2015, 08:43:39 am »
Well, Taras your laptop looks updated, but I'm sorry to say that the clothes are a bit out-of-style;)  

;D

Nice spot, Shawn.  It will be good to merge them.  I hope you post photos if/when you do!

Offline Arados

• Comitia Curiata
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2015, 09:17:31 am »

When keeping the wife company i usual browse forum from my iPhone or iPad, otherwise this is my coin getaway upstairs.

Offline agord

• Consul
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2015, 11:32:28 am »
A snap of my cluttered space.

Offline n.igma

• Caesar
  • Life is bigger than a Tweet.
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2015, 06:33:45 pm »

When keeping the wife company i usual browse forum from my iPhone or iPad, otherwise this is my coin getaway upstairs.

A very nice cloister!

Price 3332 and Price 3424 (Byblos) on the wall?

I take it you subscribe to the re-attribution of Byblos to Arados?  Do you know the academic work/reference for this re-attribution? I've been searching unsuccessfully for for the identity of scholarly work at the basis of the re-attribution. The ligate AP makes sense as Arados, but then again the same control is to be found at a number of other Alexander mints.
All historical inquiry is contingent and provisional, and our own prejudices will in due course come under scrutiny by our successors.

Offline Arados

• Comitia Curiata
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2015, 04:23:41 pm »

A very nice cloister!

Price 3332 and Price 3424 (Byblos) on the wall?

I take it you subscribe to the re-attribution of Byblos to Arados?  Do you know the academic work/reference for this re-attribution? I've been searching unsuccessfully for for the identity of scholarly work at the basis of the re-attribution. The ligate AP makes sense as Arados, but then again the same control is to be found at a number of other Alexander mints.

Thanks n.igma, i do like my little enclosure !!

I was hoping somebody would spot my Price possessions on the wall (pardon the pun), so why am i not surprised it was you n.igma ?

I have taken the liberty of added this to your thread "The Coinage In The Name of Alexander The Great and Philip Arrhidaeus".

https://www.forumancientcoins.com/board/index.php?topic=100521.msg619957;topicseen#msg619957

Offline John Anthony

• Consul
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2015, 10:10:36 pm »
I am snuggled deeply into Amish territory and only Joe knows my address.  :laugh:

I have books and coins and machinery as well, but nothing beats the view from my study. I took this shot last month. The weather has improved since. :)

All coins are guaranteed for eternity