Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Help with Italian translation  (Read 2289 times)

Offline Russ

• Consul
Help with Italian translation
« on: April 29, 2013, 06:11:52 pm »
Hi Folks,
     On Saturday, I posted an ancient Egypto-Roman glass Pendant token. I may have found another reference to this type of pendant but I am not sure because the text is in Italian. If anyone could translate this for me it would be greatly appreciated.
     The text is from Breccia, Evaristo. La Necropoli di Sciatbi. Catalogue General des Antiquités Égyptiennes (Musee D’Alexandrie) Nos 1-624, Volume I, Service des Antiquités de L’Égypte. Cairo, 1912.
     Thanks.
Russ

Offline Jay GT4

• Tribunus Plebis 2021
  • Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Leave the gun, take the Canoli!
Re: Help with Italian translation
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2013, 06:56:30 pm »
"This oval pendant surrounded by a ring of glass in azzuro blue, covered in a pearly layer, was certainly part of a necklace, of which the other pendants have been destroyed.  On the two opposite surfaces is the impression of the same feminine head, the face being robust is severe or sad.  The face is surrounded by two large braids that come down symmetrically to the base of the neck.  An outside cylinder penetrates the inside part of the "pendant from the inferior part.

Conservation:  Good, the Pearly layer has in part fallen (broken).

Not sure what Perlaceo is.  

EDIT: Perlaceo= Pearly

Offline Russ

• Consul
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2013, 07:04:18 pm »
Hi Jay,
     Thank you very much for your prompt translation. This may be a similar piece, with the hole in the bottom but I guess the jury is still out on this one.
     Thanks again.
Russ

Offline Jay GT4

• Tribunus Plebis 2021
  • Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Leave the gun, take the Canoli!
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2013, 07:09:34 pm »
No problem

Perlaceo= Pearly

All coins are guaranteed for eternity