Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: ORIGINAL PAC MAN? WHAT TYPE OF COIN IS THIS?  (Read 1538 times)

Offline NORMAN K

• Consul
ORIGINAL PAC MAN? WHAT TYPE OF COIN IS THIS?
« on: April 19, 2013, 05:23:51 pm »
WHILE CLEANING A L OT OF ROMAN COINS I CAME ACROSS THIS ONE AND IT CERTINALLY IS STRANGE TO ME.
FAIRLY THICK COIN 2 1/2 MM  AND 22 MM IN DIA.  COIN IS SLIGHTLY CUPPED.
ANY IDEAS?  AS USUAL THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANY COMMENTS.  YOU HAVE BEEN A GREAT HELP WHEN I GET STUMPED.

Offline RoryduPondius

• Consul
Re: ORIGINAL PAC MAN? WHAT TYPE OF COIN IS THIS?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2013, 07:33:49 pm »
looks like it is supposed to be a map or something like that ;D :<a href='http://www.forumancientcoins.com/catalog/roman-and-greek-coins.asp?vpar=810&pos=0' target='_blank'>Chi-Rho</a>: :<a href='../numiswiki/view.asp?key=cross' target='_blank'>cross</a>: :circleplus:
I LOVE cleaning uncleaned ancients.

Offline Howard Cole

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Elymais forever!
Re: ORIGINAL PAC MAN? WHAT TYPE OF COIN IS THIS?
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2013, 01:37:53 pm »
Maybe Kushan.  It looks like a humped bull with Shiva reverse.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity