Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: LICINIUS I, 308-324./ Emperor, wearing military attire and chlamys, on horse!!!  (Read 584 times)

Offline Salem Alshdaifat

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • I am coincoholic ,I need help plzzzzz.
    • http://www.vcoins.com/en/stores/athena_numismatics
Hi folks.
I dont know what am I missing here, I cant find this in Ric under Rome ???LICINIUS I, 308-324. (, 2.67 gm) IMP LICIN-IVS P F AVG Laureate head r. Rev. Emperor, wearing military attire and chlamys, on horse galloping r., spearing with his r. hand prostrate foeman, head turning, lion below.
best.
Salem Alshdifat

Offline HELEN S

• Caesar
  OBVERSE
 IMPLICINIVSPFAVG [IMP LICINIVS P F AVG]; bust r., laur., cuir.

REVERSE
 LIBERA-T-ORORBIS [LIBERATOR ORBIS]; Emperor galloping r. over lion, r. raised, shield on l. arm. R*P in exergue.

NOT IN RIC
 UNLISTED ISSUE. DRC apparently mentions this issue in the article "LIBERATOR ORBIS": "-The Liberator of the World

ok the difference i can see is the reverse legend from your example  is split differently
  LIBER  A  TORORBIS

Offline HELEN S

• Caesar
OBVERSE
 IMPLICINIVSPFAVG [IMP LICINIVS P F AVG]; bust r., laur., cuir.

REVERSE
 LIBERA-TORORBIS [LIBERATOR ORBIS]; Emperor galloping r. over lion, r. raised, shield on l. arm. R*[officina illegible] in exergue.

NOT IN RIC
 UNLISTED ISSUE. DRC apparently mentions this issue in the article "LIBERATOR ORBIS": "-The Liberator of the World

and this one has the T in the correct place but the LIBERA is together whereas your A is split away VERY INTERESTING
 i am off out hope to see an answer when i come back GOOD LUCK

your coin is a beautiful example with lovely detail set off by the sand patina WOW

Offline HELEN S

• Caesar
 ok i am back third time lucky EUREKA

RIC VII, ROME [after 17], LICINIUS I, UNLISTED ISSUE [LIBERATOR ORBIS], BUST TYPE B4, OFFICINA T

OBVERSE
 IMPLICINIVSPFAVG [IMP LICINIVS P F AVG]; bust r., laur., dr., cuir.

REVERSE
 L-IBER-A-TORORBIS [LIBERATOR ORBIS]; Emperor galloping r. over lion, r. raised, shield on l. arm. R*T in exergue.

NOT IN RIC

i am not sure if this third example is a die match to yours????  

Offline Heliodromus

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
The type's listed in Cohen (Constantine I = Cohen 317, Licinius I = Cohen 132), but somehow RIC missed it.

Ben

Offline Salem Alshdaifat

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
Thanks Helena
I see why I couldn't find it now :).
Thanks Ben as well.
warm regards.
Salem Alshdaifat

Offline Salem Alshdaifat

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
Helena
the third coin you listed seems to be a die match for both Obv and Rev.
very interesting !!!
Salem Alshdaifat

Offline HELEN S

• Caesar
Helena
the third coin you listed seems to be a die match for both Obv and Rev.
very interesting !!!
Salem Alshdaifat

i found it in NOT IN RIC  hopefully i will put up a link for you

https://www.forumancientcoins.com/notinric/7rom-17_2_t.html

you can click on the main page and put in the search LICINIUS EMPEROR GALLOPING and all the variations will come up

your coin is the first example  +++ +++

Offline Lech Stępniewski

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
    • NOT IN RIC
Hi Salem,

it is the best example I have seen. Could you give me the weight and the diameter of your coin, please
Lech Stępniewski
NOT IN RIC
Poland

All coins are guaranteed for eternity