Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Valentinian I Felicitas Romanorum  (Read 580 times)

Offline agord

• Consul
Valentinian I Felicitas Romanorum
« on: March 10, 2013, 04:24:44 pm »
I won this coin today as part of a group, sorry about the pic, it's the sellers. I beleive this is RIC IX Aquileia 16(a). The second pic is part of page 86, RIC IX .Understanding that RIC IX was published in 1933, I am wondering how many more of these are now known?
If there is interest I will post better pics of the coin when it arrives.

Offline Victor C

• Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • all my best friends are dead Romans
    • Constantine the Great
Re: Valentinian I Felicitas Romanorum
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2013, 04:33:09 pm »
They are fairly rare. Below is an example for Valens that I have of Aquileia 16b.
Victor Clark

LRB gallery

Offline Vincent

• Caesar
Re: Valentinian I Felicitas Romanorum
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2013, 12:48:47 pm »
Victor is correct; it is rare. Other than the two posted here, have not encountered one up for sale. A short lived local issue.
Well spotted and congrats on your special find. Doesn't feel nice to have recognized something special and fetched it.
Makes this rather mundane type a little more varied.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity