Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: 2012 Award Winners  (Read 6558 times)

Offline Molinari

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • My defeat, if understood, should be my glory
2012 Award Winners
« on: December 21, 2012, 01:23:19 pm »
Dear Forvm Members,

We are proud to declare the legitimate winners of the 2012 Forvm Website Awards:

2012 Gold Award: acsearch.info

2012 Silver Award: lamoneta.it

2012 Bronze Award: CoinProject.com

Congratulations to all of this year's winners!

Thanks to everyone for participating,

-The Forvm Website Awards Committee

reficul

Re: 2012 Award Winners
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2012, 06:07:35 am »
Hi, I'm the admin of the forum lamoneta.it
I want to thank the FAC for this nice award and apologize if a user created confusion during the vote.
Unfortunately handle large community like ours is never easy and some loose cannon always happens.

I wish a Merry Christmas to the FAC staff and to all users of this beautiful community.
G. Venturini

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
  • All Coins Guaranteed for Eternity.
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2012, 09:25:49 am »
Congratulations to these fine websites.  I have used all three sites.  ACSearch, CoinProject (along with lifetime award winner Wildwinds) are very useful for identification.  Although Google translated Italian is often very challenging for me to understand, I have enjoyed threads on lamoneta that our Italian members have suggested I read.   

My thanks to the Forvm Website Awards Nomination Committee (Comitia Curiata), Molinari (Magistratus Optima Lege - Chairman), Robert_Brenchley, wileyc, SkySoldier, ancientone, and Taras for conducting the award process.  For those unaware, the website awards are presented by the discussion board committee and members, not the business.  The Forum Ancient Coins staff gets to vote, like everyone else, but is otherwise not involved.   
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

Offline Mat

• Caesar
  • Ancient Coin Addict
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2012, 11:19:53 am »
Congrats to the winners. I use them frequently as well.
MY GALLERY

MJB Ancients

Offline Frans Diederik

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • carpe diem, vita brevis est!
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2012, 11:38:39 am »
All three great winners! All three worthy of 21st century standards!
Congratulations!

Frans

Offline helcaraxe

• Caesar
    • Coins available
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2012, 04:55:41 pm »
My best congratulations to the winners, especially to the fine numismatists who are behind acsearch.info. I think they have made a site which has become one of the most used in numismatics.

Thank you very much, guys!

Semper pax
helcaraxe

Offline xanthos

• Praetorian
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2013, 03:38:47 pm »
We'd like to thank all voters and FORVM for granting us the Forvm Gold Award 2012 for Numismatic Excellence! It is very much appreciated.

Simon

Offline Lerian

• Consul
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2013, 04:14:06 am »
Congratulations to all the winners. There contribution has benefited old and new numismatists alike
and they are worthy winners.   

All coins are guaranteed for eternity