Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Unknown AE 14 Crusader horseman with cross for ID  (Read 690 times)

Offline Nassif

• Caesar
Unknown AE 14 Crusader horseman with cross for ID
« on: December 18, 2012, 08:56:39 am »
hi all;
I post this Unknown crusader coin AE 14 mm-W:0,6g-representing a Horseman[holding something] to right within wire border and blundered marginal legend.R/Cross within wire border and blundered marginal legend
It's most probably a Crusader coinage looking for ID
Thanks in advance for all help
regards
Nassif

Offline Jim Roberts

• Consul
Re: Unknown AE 14 Crusader horseman with cross for ID
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2012, 09:17:35 am »
If you rotate the obverse 90 degrees counter-clockwise, does it perhaps turn into a lion rampant to the left?  I'd suggest Cyprus, around the time of James II.

Jim

Offline Nassif

• Caesar
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2012, 10:03:39 am »
Hi jim;
I did rotation 90 degrees and i have this below photo which not match a lot with lion rampant left??still something in upper right field?
Nassif

Offline Vladislav D

• Caesar
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2012, 05:17:25 pm »
 I think it's look like a pellet ? in each quarter of cross ?. Cyprus Peter II ??? But I definitely agree with Jim , this is lion rampant on the left .

All coins are guaranteed for eternity