Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Callimachus' gallery: Elagabalus & Severus Alexander denarii from Antioch  (Read 891 times)

Offline Callimachus

• Caesar
I'm a long time collector (25+ yrs) and have been a member of this forum since 2007. I finally got around to creating a gallery of some of my coins.

https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/index.php?cat=20669

I have created 2 albums: 
Elagabalus denarii from Antioch,
Severus Alexander denarii from Antioch.

I hope to add a few more albums in the future.

Offline Potator II

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Error communis facit jus
    • Monnaies de la Dombes
Re: Callimachus' gallery: Elagabalus & Severus Alexander denarii from Antioch
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2012, 01:07:01 pm »
A nice start of a gallery. One understands, seeing it, that you are not a newbie at coin collecting !

Very good
JC

Offline Callimachus

• Caesar
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2012, 11:29:55 pm »
In my albums of denarii of Elagabalus and Severus Alexander from Antioch, I have a number of coins not listed in RIC or Sear -- the 2 reference works available to me.  Curtis Clay looked up references to many of these coins from other reference works, museum collections, and hoards, and posted these references as comments on these coins.  I wish to publicly thank Mr Clay for the time and effort he has taken to do this.

Mr Clay also commented on 3 coins which share an obverse die and what order the coins were struck, based on die wear. In the albums the 3 coins can not all be viewed at the same time, so I am posting a picture below of the 3 obverses in the order of striking.

Elagabalus RIC 201 TEMPORVM FEL
Elagabalus RIC 187 CONCORDIA MILIT
Elagabalus RIC 166 CONSVL II

Offline quadrans

• Tribunus Plebis 2019
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • Ad perpetuam rei memoriam. Ars longa, vita brevis.
    • My Gallery Albums
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2012, 01:39:23 am »
Hi Callimachus Your Gallery are greath
 +++

Im collecting also Sev Alex. and Ellagabal  :)

congrats

quadrans
All the Best :), Joe
My Gallery

All coins are guaranteed for eternity