Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Something to consider for those who sell at auction on this site  (Read 1294 times)

Offline the10thlegion

• Consul
I'm not a big collector. I don't subscribe to sites that allow one to research price trends to know the "going rate" of coins. I just do it for fun and assume there are a few more like me on here.

To those who list coins for auction I think you are hurting yourselves and could probably get higher bids with one additional step and not too many do it. Leave feedback on the buyers.

There was a coin that closed earlier this week that I would have bid more except the high bidder had no feedback and being the suspicious person that I am I assume the worst - and won't bid if I think there is a shill bidder. I'm NOT accusing anyone of shill bidding but there are so many bidders who either have no feedback or maybe less than a dozen all from the same seller and the first thing that enters my mind is is this a real bidder. If more sellers gave feedback and bidders like myself can see that they have positive feedback by several different sellers then I assume it's on the up and up. Not knowing the "going rate" I will then bid what I am willing to pay. If the high bidder has no feedback I often won't bid more than one time.

Take it for what it's worth but I think you will find more people bidding and bidding higher if the other bidders have a history here too. I know I would.

Offline Jay GT4

• Tribunus Plebis 2021
  • Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Leave the gun, take the Canoli!
Re: Something to consider for those who sell at auction on this site
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2019, 08:46:18 am »
I always leave feedback for buyers but many buyers don't return the favor... :(

All coins are guaranteed for eternity