Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Email Coin Images from Photoshop Elements  (Read 1160 times)

Offline Schatz

• Consul
Email Coin Images from Photoshop Elements
« on: September 14, 2012, 08:27:22 am »
Dear Photoshop wizards,

now that I have finally learned how to give my coin pics a decent background and join the obverse and reverse images together on my Photoshop Elements 6, I am faced with another problem that I have not been able to solve. I would like to email a number of those double images to a friend, but it seems I can only send one at a time - a tedious job if you want to send more than ten. I must confess at the same time that I have never learned how to use the Bridge properly, so perhaps the solution lies buried there. What I do not want to do is post all my coins to a web album and then make it accessible to select persons. But maybe this is the only way?

Eager to hear from all of you who have successfully emailed pics from PS Elements,
Schatz

Offline cmcdon0923

• Caesar
Re: Email Coin Images from Photoshop Elements
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2012, 06:29:25 pm »
Not being a PE6 user myself....

I assume like almost any image program, PE allows you to save you finished image files to your computer's hardisk.  That's step one.

As for step 2........it then becomes an issue of determining how to attach multiple images to an email using whatever mail program you're using.

Offline dougsmit

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • Ancient Greek & Roman Coins
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2012, 09:30:22 pm »
I upgraded to PE10 some time back and that one allows multiple files but I had never tried it before just now.  I fully agree with the answer provided by cmcdon as the easy way.

Offline Schatz

• Consul
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2012, 07:45:01 am »
Hello again,

thanks to both of you. I guess the hard drive detour is a lot easier than figuring out the Bridge in the hope of being able to do it from there.
By the way, since I am in the process of asking questions, do you know of any good coin archive software for iMac? Free would be great, but it can cost something, preferably under $ 100.

I enjoy this part of the Forum enormously. Though I am far from being a good coin photographer I think I have learned a lot, especially about lighting.

Regards,
Schatz

Offline renegade3220

• Caesar
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2012, 09:51:44 am »
I use the Forvm member gallery as my coin archive software :). Free, convienient, and Joe backs up this entire site so they are nice and safe

All coins are guaranteed for eternity