Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Dr. Paul Rynearson  (Read 3744 times)

Offline paul1888

• Praetorian
Dr. Paul Rynearson
« on: August 10, 2012, 12:25:16 am »
I learned today that Dr. Paul Rynearson has passed away.  (There is a dedication in the September Goldberg auction catalog) I am not sure of the exact date.  I have purchased a couple of coins from Dr. Rynearson and also corresponded with him and he kindly replied to my questions, no matter how ignorant they probably sounded. I personally think his passing is a great loss to the numismatic community.  He was working on a book on Roman coin collecting.  I am not sure he finished it, but I hope so.

Paul 

Offline Steve E

• Caesar
  • My favorite Forvm purchase, so far!
Re: Dr. Paul Rynearson
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2012, 01:50:06 am »
I'm so sorry to hear this.

I also purchased one of my favorite coins from him (below).

https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-67507

As well as his book "Collecting Ancient Greek Coins", published by Whitman, which he graciously signed for me :) A very well written introduction to collecting Greek coins!

I didn't know about the Roman book he was working on. If anyone knows more about it I would like to know.

He was also very kind in his correspondence with me! I will miss him as well!

~Steve

All coins are guaranteed for eternity