Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Id needed  (Read 473 times)

Offline Viminacium

• Caesar
Id needed
« on: August 05, 2012, 08:46:53 am »
Can someone help me to id this 2 silver coins i found?

oneill6217

Re: Id needed
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2012, 11:58:25 am »
Hi,

They look like Ottoman silver Ackes or Paras.  I'm no expert, but it looks like the date might be 826 A.H.  If I am reading the date correctly as Hyderabad Arabic, then it is more likely from India, possibly of the sultans of Sindh.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Patrick

Offline Viminacium

• Caesar
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2012, 01:16:12 pm »
Which one is from india? First or second one from top?

Manzikert

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2012, 04:46:22 pm »
Hi

Top coin is of Murad II (1421-1444) accession date 824. The reverse (upper image) is upside down. I'm afraid I can't read the mint on this one for sure, but it might be Serez?

I don't think the lower one is Ottoman, but I think the style of the script is too modern for it to be from Sindh.

Best wishes

Alan

Offline Viminacium

• Caesar
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2012, 05:32:43 pm »
Thanx! One more coin left to id...

All coins are guaranteed for eternity