Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Another two nice and rare Tacitus :)  (Read 801 times)

SEstiot

Re: Another two nice and rare Tacitus :)
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 01:05:21 pm »
Dear Joszef,

Thank you for showing these two coins of Tacitus.

The first one, from Siscia, is rare : as you note on your file name, it corresponds to RIC temp #3758 known by 5 examples.
I would be happy to add yours as it is the best conserved coin of all : could you send me pics in a higher resolution as its weight and axis (it is possible to do so from the MER/RIC 268-276 AD website directly, using the "Submit a new specimen" button).
(http://www.ric.mom.fr/en/coin/3758?q=3758&page=1&mod=result&x=0&y=0&from=quick#type-specimen)

The second one, I think, does not correspond to RIC temp # 3362 (1rst issue of Ticinum : juvenile portrait, sleeve raised in an Adventus gesture), but to RIC temp # 3400 (2nd issue : mature portrait), a commoner coin.
(http://www.ric.mom.fr/en/search/quicksearch?q=3400&page=1&mod=result&x=0&y=0)

S. Estiot & J. Mairat

Offline quadrans

• Tribunus Plebis 2019
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • Ad perpetuam rei memoriam. Ars longa, vita brevis.
    • My Gallery Albums
Re: Another two nice and rare Tacitus :)
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012, 03:52:28 pm »
Thank You Sylviane and J.Mairat

I will try it

best regards

quadrans
All the Best :), Joe
My Gallery

All coins are guaranteed for eternity