Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: ID Help Aspron Trachy - 1  (Read 498 times)

Offline Nerva81

• Praetorian
ID Help Aspron Trachy - 1
« on: May 24, 2012, 03:15:04 pm »
Hello,

I am interested about roman coins only.
I would like to ask you if someone ID attached coin?

Thanl you.

Nerva81
Regards

Milan Boruvka
Czech Republic

Offline wileyc

• IMPERATOR
  • Caesar
    • Forum gallery:
Re: ID Help Aspron Trachy - 1
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2012, 05:36:30 pm »
Andronicus I
Obverse: The virgin stg. facing on dais, nimbate and wearing pallium and maphorium, she hold before her nimbate head of the infant Christ facing to l.
Reverse: AN(delta)PONIKOC (delta)ECIIOTHC or similar. Christ bearded and with nimbus cross or r. and Andronicus with forked beard on l., both stg. facing. Christ wears pallium and colobium holds book of gospels in l. hand, and with his r. crowns the emperor who wears divitision and loros. Holds labarum and gl. cr., between their heads IC ro r., XC.
Mint: Constantinople
Date 1183-1185 CE
Sear 1985

other examples here.

https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=2908

cw

All coins are guaranteed for eternity