Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Locations of numismatic interest in Jerusalem and/or Tel Aviv  (Read 2697 times)

Offline cmcdon0923

• Caesar
My wife and I will be traveling to Israel and Jordan for two weeks later this summer.  Will be be in Tel Aviv and Jerusalem for a day or two, each, including some free time from the group.  I was hoping to visit one or two locations specifically of numismatic interest (e.g., museums, etc.) in either or both cities.

Also, if time permits, I'd love to stop in a local coin store or two, or even shops specializing in antiquities.  I have heard that 'King David Street' in Jerusalem is somewhat well known for these types of stores.  I'm also going to contact one or two Israeli dealers I've bought from over a well known internet auction site, to see if they also operate storefronts.

If I do manage to get to any stores and end up buying anything, I will try to make arrangements with the dealer to ship my purchases back to the US as opposed to dealing with export permits and customs, myself.

Does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations?

Offline cmcdon0923

• Caesar
Re: Locations of numismatic interest in Jerusalem and/or Tel Aviv
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2012, 01:02:21 am »
Oh well.  We leave on Sunday.  Guess I'll just have to do some exploring on my own once we get there.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity