Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Flip Tags  (Read 1688 times)

Offline Lucas H

• Caesar
    • My Gallery
Flip Tags
« on: April 28, 2012, 01:42:26 pm »
I store my coins in archival safe flips I get at the Forum.  I like to make my own tags, and was buying them from the forum as well, but the Forum does not carry them anymore, and I understand from Joe, he is having a hard time sourcing them.

Does anyone know another source for flip tags so I can continue to print my own tags?  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Offline Molinari

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • My defeat, if understood, should be my glory
Re: Flip Tags
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 02:09:28 pm »
Quote from: Lucas H on April 28, 2012, 01:42:26 pm
I store my coins in archival safe flips I get at the Forum.  I like to make my own tags, and was buying them from the forum as well, but the Forum does not carry them anymore, and I understand from Joe, he is having a hard time sourcing them.

Does anyone know another source for flip tags so I can continue to print my own tags?  Any help is greatly appreciated.

You could try printing on thick paper (I think it's called stock paper) and cutting them out yourself.   Just use text boxes on a word document and customize them however you see fit.

Online Enodia

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2012, 02:18:07 pm »
You could try printing on thick paper (I think it's called stock paper) and cutting them out yourself.   Just use text boxes on a word document and customize them however you see fit.

this is what i do and it works just fine. at one point i even had them color indexed by location, era, etc.

~ Peter

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
  • All Coins Guaranteed for Eternity.
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2012, 04:53:45 pm »

That is what Forum does too.
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

Offline Lucas H

• Caesar
    • My Gallery
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2012, 06:36:32 am »
Thanks for all of the input.  I will switch to card stock.  I have some for certain uses in my profession, and I've probably used 1/10th of a ream in the 12 years I've been at it.  Now, I just need to learn to cut strait!

Offline mwilson603

• Caesar
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2012, 08:21:48 am »
Quote from: Lucas H on April 30, 2012, 06:36:32 am
Now, I just need to learn to cut strait!
Blimey Lucas, have you turned into Moses?  Parting a passage of water between 2 seas now.  Is there no end to your skills?  ;D
regards
Mark

All coins are guaranteed for eternity