Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: VOT/X/MVLT/XX  (Read 433 times)

Offline Fallen Horseman

• Praetorian
VOT/X/MVLT/XX
« on: April 22, 2012, 11:08:43 pm »
Got a late roman bronze from an uncleaned lot that's illuding identification from me. Too thrashed to probably get a full ID but obverse has a left facing bust with a shield. Obverse Legend is completely gone...

Reverse is a wreath with legend:
 VOT
   X
MVLT
  XX

Mintmark is gone as well.

19.57mm
2.6 grams

I just recently got RIC so I'm still getting used to it but am I correct in saying this reverse was only issued under Constantius II?

Apologis for the lack of picture here as my camera has decided to take a vacation from working it seems but I think but I think there's still enough info here for someone to point me in the right direction? Thanks friends!

Chris
"I am King of the Romans and above grammar."

~ Sigismund

Offline cars100

• Caesar
  • felicior Augusto, melior Traiano
Re: VOT/X/MVLT/XX
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012, 11:36:07 pm »
Hi;
I'm thinking Julian II.
Ray
Raymond Carson

Offline Fallen Horseman

• Praetorian
Re: VOT/X/MVLT/XX
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 12:18:43 am »
I think you nailed it! Looks very similar to this guy. (Wish it was in this good of shape!)

https://www.forumancientcoins.com/catalog/roman-and-greek-coins.asp?param=83433q00.jpg&vpar=474&zpg=53758&fld=https://www.forumancientcoins.com/Coins2/

This is the first Julian I've ever pulled from an uncleaned lot so you just made my day. Thank you so much!
"I am King of the Romans and above grammar."

~ Sigismund

All coins are guaranteed for eternity