Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Fake Honorius solidi (again)  (Read 358 times)

Offline Hydatius

• Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • I love this forum!
Fake Honorius solidi (again)
« on: April 13, 2012, 10:04:51 am »
[REMOVED BY ADMIN] is trying to sell two fake Honorius solidi through their on-line shop and one of them is also in their current mail bid auction (auction 3 lot 59). What makes this so funny is that they have three solidi in their on-line shop and the real one is the cheapest of the three (half the price of the most expensive fake)! The coin in the shop and the auction has different weights (4.39 and 4.40 g), different photos, and different values (est. 500 euros and for sale for 900 euros). I have informed them of these fakes but my e-mail has been ignored.

Richard
Non tam praeclarum est scire Latine quam turpe nescire.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity