Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Antoninus Pius and Marcus Aurelius from Cyprus  (Read 596 times)

Offline SRukke

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Go ahead, make my day.
    • My gallery. Started January 2009
Antoninus Pius and Marcus Aurelius from Cyprus
« on: March 27, 2012, 09:03:41 pm »
Cyprus struck coin according to the seller. Diameter 32 mm, Weight 23.87 gm.

I am having a hard time figuring out exactly which coin this is mainly because of the condition. I can't really tell what type of busts or the legends.

Maybe this one from WW:
SGI 1523   Antoninus Pius & Marcus Aurelius AE32 of Cyprus. AVT K T AIL ADR ANTWNINOC CEB E, laureate head of Pius right / M AVPHLIOC KAICAP VIOC CEBAC, bare-headed, draped, cuirassed bust of Aurelius right. SNG Cop 87.

Can anyone help with this? Thanks

Offline Pekka K

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • ...one coin at a time...
Re: Antoninus Pius and Marcus Aurelius from Cyprus
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 03:17:51 am »

Looks like this RPC 5041:

http://rpc.ashmus.ox.ac.uk/coins/5041/

Pekka K

Offline SRukke