Classical Numismatics Discussion Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 21, 2014, 11:44:31 am
Search Calendar Login Register  

Recent Additions to Forum's Shop

FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  Ancient Coin Webmasters (Moderator: Sorin)  |  Topic: Remove Highlighting on Text 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Remove Highlighting on Text  (Read 1350 times)
Molinari
Magistratus Optima Lege II
Caesar

« on: March 19, 2012, 11:28:30 am »

Hey All,

I want a color catalog of my collection (hard bound with additional text, etc.) but I'm having an issue.  When I paste the descriptions from my collection to MSWord, the text is highlighted gray.  I've tried to get the highlighting to go away but it wont, it doesn't even show up as "highlighted" when I open that section on Word to turn off the highlighting function.

I could hit "edit" on the image itself and copy it from the description there, but then all the Greek turns into that number-symbol code and I have to retype it all.

Any suggestions?

Nick

areich
Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
Procurator Monetae
Caesar

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 11:55:54 am »

Hi Nick, a trick that is often useful is to paste text first into Notepad (Windows key+R, then type NOTEPAD). Then copy it again and paste it where you want it. It will lose all formatting in the process. I tried it and it should work for what you want to do.

Akropolis
Procurator Caesaris
Caesar

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 12:01:41 pm »

Curious. I just went to the member's gallery and copied a description from a randomly selected coin. Then I pasted it into MS Word (2010 edition) and there was no highlighting there.
Where are you copying from?
PeteB

Molinari
Magistratus Optima Lege II
Caesar

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012, 12:08:45 pm »

Areich, Thanks, that worked, even for the Greek inscriptions! 

Akropolis, I was copying from the thumbnail page.  I'm also using the most recent MSWord.  Weird.

Nick

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  Ancient Coin Webmasters (Moderator: Sorin)  |  Topic: Remove Highlighting on Text « previous next »
Jump to:  

Recent Price Reductions in Forum's Shop